Scott founded Health Care Program Advisors in 2002 to focus on delivering advisory services to health and hospital systems. Since HCPA’s founding, Scott has been directly involved in delivering systems and analytics consulting services as the Information Systems lead for HCPA; in addition to sharing management responsibility of the firm with Pat.
His 30 years of systems leadership includes:
- Strategic and Tactical Systems Planning
- Vendor Selection and Contract Negotiation
- Implementation Management for Technology Enabled Re-engineering Projects
- Implementation of Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions
- Information Technology Effectiveness and Cost of Ownership Optimization
- IT/IS Transition Management
- Expert Analysis and Witness for Systems Contract Arbitration and Litigation
He has worked with:
- Major Academic Institutions
- Not-for-profit Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Community Providers
- Large Physician Practices
- Managed Care Organizations
- Medical Equipment and Supply Providers
He started his career in a hospital management engineering department, then joined Coopers & Lybrand to perform operations re-engineering and systems implementation consulting. He worked with Hamilton/KSA and Ernst & Young and served as a Vice President in the Health Information Technology practice of Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
Scott holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a certificate in Health Systems Engineering.
Scott is a Certified Professional in Healthcare Information Management Systems (CPHIMS) and is active in both the Health Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS) and the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), serving in official capacities, including speaker for both organizations.
Scott and his family live on an 11 acre animal-less farm (except their two dogs) in Kennesaw, Georgia. His favorite Sunday activity is riding around on his John Deere tractor.