Information Systems, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Revenue Cycle Management
Shannon is a value-driven healthcare leader with extensive experience in finance, strategic data analysis, decision support analytics, and executing strategic initiatives. With over 25 years of progressive healthcare finance and consulting experience, Shannon has consistently led and managed program initiatives for healthcare providers, delivering measurable success across areas such as financial operations, controllership, revenue integrity, financial and clinical decision support, and business intelligence analytics. Shannon has also been involved in program development initiatives for Precision Health, focusing on integration strategies for oncology genetic screening/testing and pharmacogenomics.
Throughout her career, Shannon has:
- Project-managed multiple enterprise-wide business intelligence, population health, and decision support analytics efforts for large academic medical centers as well as specialty medical centers (orthopedics) in the private, for-profit, and government sectors, such as Baptist Health, Bayfront Medical Center, and New England Baptist Medical Center.
- Facilitated the integration of various financial and clinical systems into a comprehensive, holistic environment and architecture through the execution of a decision support strategy and data warehouse reporting environment. The integration strategy also incorporated data management and governance, including standards, policies, procedures, compliance, and prioritization.
- Successfully led numerous engagements with a focus on compliance, gap analysis for billed services, staff education, charge reconciliation, revenue enhancement identification, cash acceleration, strategic pricing efforts, and identification of reimbursement implications.
- Directed and facilitated operational and capital budget development for outsourcing/consulting business units and healthcare provider-based organizations. Implemented standard budget development processes and training to ensure collaboration across all levels of the organization.
- Developed and implemented financial controls and processes in addition to productivity improvements, continuous improvement, and change management to meet the growth demands of the business. Evaluated business practices for efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability.
BS, Business Administration, University of Florida
MBA, Management Information Systems, University of South Florida