We are looking for an entry-level resource that will assist with analysis and problem-solving in the healthcare industry. Associates at HCPA gain firsthand experience and knowledge in a wide range of health care environments, including hospitals, health systems, long term care facilities, and care providers in the area. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to benefit from the combination of both short, fast-cycle projects as well as longer term deeper dive projects. Talented individuals with a passion for problem-solving practices and strategies, strong analytical skills, and a sharp mind will thrive in this environment. This position provides a challenging and exciting growth opportunity for recent graduates. It is an excellent way to determine the best fit and next step in your career, as a Management Consultant or Analytics Consultant, at HCPA.
Responsibilities/Duties Skills & Requirements
- Create spreadsheets, presentations and other deliverables for client engagements using Microsoft Office Suite
- Design and present data and conclusions in logical and understandable formats for other team members through charts, graphs, tables and maintain ongoing reports; data manipulation and dataset preparation for client engagement analytics
- Assist in proposal development and support marketing efforts
- Participate in creation of client deliverables
- Participate in the analysis of business and technical problems and work with team to create innovative solutions
- Conduct in-depth research to support data analytics, as well as create and automate data dashboards for stakeholders
- Work with clients to achieve project milestones by participating in client and internal presentations
Understand and demonstrate best practices for quality data analytic activities and goals within healthcare
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
- Analytic Skills: Analytical, data-driven mindset with an aptitude for complex quantitative and qualitative problem solving and analysis. Strong ability to analyze business and technical problems, research and create innovative solutions. Intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective. Must be able to learn quickly and demonstrate creative thinking while being flexible with changes.
- Communication Skills: The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office including: PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Propensity for leadership, teamwork, flexibility, and self-directedness. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment across organizations in a fast-paced, schedule-driven and entrepreneurial environment. Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience in healthcare setting or knowledge of healthcare data systems is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization (healthcare, mathematics, finance, business, computer science, engineering) plus excellent academic credentials.
- The position is located in the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area. Applicants must be willing and able to work at our Marietta office and client sites throughout this region.
- Travel will be required based on business needs (50-80% of the time).
Health Care Program Advisors is a management consulting firm focused on providing analytical and operations improvement services to the health service provider industries. Our core competencies are in the healthcare revenue cycle, operational analytics, and information technology areas of our provider clients.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
See the job posting on LinkedIn!